Project Coordinator, VietFHI
Location: Ho Chi Minh City
BFA Global is a consulting firm that works at the frontiers of finance, data, and technology to empower people to be agents of their own future, building inclusive and competitive economies for a more sustainable and equitable world.
We leverage applied research and innovation via our own knowledge, skills, and experience. We harness data science, economic analyses, financial tools, artificial intelligence, humancentered design, and lean product development, crafting efficient solutions that enable individuals, organizations, and communities to address vulnerabilities and prosper.
Founded in 2006, BFA Global is headquartered in Boston and Nairobi with additional offices in Medellín and New Delhi. We have presences in Johannesburg, Lagos, Madrid, Mexico City, and Paris. To learn more, visit bfaglobal.com.
We are looking for a Project Coordinator for the Financial Health Innovations in Vietnam (VietFHI) project. VietFHI is a ten-month project with a leading financial service provider serving low-income customers in Vietnam, and is managed by BFA Global, supported by the MetLife Foundation, and fiscally sponsored by Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors. You will coordinate day-to-day operational and administrative activities, work with team members from around the world, and liaise directly with the project partner on a regular basis.
The primary responsibilities for the role include:
- Support design and implementation of project activities in Vietnam
- Assist partner institution with development and implementation of project
- Travel within Vietnam to pilot sites in districts in southern Vietnam
- Schedule and organize meetings, events and other interactions between BFA, the partner institution and third-parties
- Work closely with project team members based out of India and the United States
- Author and edit project-related material in English and Vietnamese
- Author periodic reports on project status
- Coordinate with communications team on outreach material
- Maintain project-related records and data, and furnish them as needed
- Work with BFA Program Managers on budget, expenses, milestones etc.
Additional job-related duties may be assigned as they arise.
The following qualifications must be fulfilled:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or a relevant field
- Previous experience as a Program Coordinator, or similar position
- Excellent proficiency in Vietnamese and English
- Excellent communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Ability to work across time zones
- Willing to travel within Vietnam 25% of the time, with possible international travel up to twice in 2020
The following qualifications are a plus:
- Previous experience in some area of international development
- Previous experience working with international teams
- Familiarity with communication principles, including media relations and social media
Conditions of Employment
This position is:
- Based out of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- A contractual position
- For a duration of ten months ending December 2020
- Non-renewable within the context of this project
You will report to the Project Lead for the VietFHI project based in Boston.