Are you passionate about storytelling and communication, and seeking to have an impact on creating a more sustainable and equitable world? Do you have a vision for how to bring together different channels of communication to amplify and promote the change you want to see?
In creating the role of Communications Manager, BFA is looking for an accomplished communications professional to manage the production and dissemination of strategic communications products and services that successfully engage key audiences.
Reporting to the Director of Research, Advocacy and Influence, the Communications Manager will help to develop BFA’s knowledge management system, ensure that external stakeholders benefit from it, and oversee the daily activities of a small, diverse group of communications staff in dispersed parts of the world. The Communications Manager will also develop and implement BFA’s marketing and communication strategies, managing communications platforms and relationships as well as the production and dissemination of knowledge products.
The successful candidate for this position will be passionate about story-telling, building creative campaigns, and innovating communications practices in an international context. S/he should have experience in, and be excited about, discovering compelling insights and stories within an organization’s portfolio of work and helping the BFA Communications Team to express these in new ways, creating a new tone of voice (moving from that of technical expert to more jargon-less straight talk). The candidate will design communication practices that balance BFA's brand values, maintaining the rigor that BFA has been known for in the sector while bringing a new boldness and spirit for experimentation that BFA has been practicing recently. The preference will go to those who have a familiarity with, and a history of, advocacy for the role of technology in creating a more equitable and sustainable world.
Communications Manager Responsibilities:
- Oversee the work of a diversely skilled and geographically dispersed communications team, as well as independent contractors.
- Develop and implement a corporate communications strategy to support both the business objectives and the strategic outreach and influence goals of the firm.
- Help to solidify and augment BFA’s market position through active management of the BFA brand and reputation.
- Develop internal communications and external media and public relations opportunities to maximize BFA’s market positioning.
- Craft and deliver corporate messages and/or campaigns to diverse stakeholders.
- Refine existing, or develop new, communications products and services across all effective channels.
- Optimize web content for SEO and expand the BFA digital presence online and through social media channels.
- Ensure quality control of all materials distributed for public consumption.
- Ensure the proper measurement and analysis of communications outputs.
Communications Manager Requirements:
- Advanced degree in Strategic Communications, Marketing, Business, or a related field.
- 8+ years communications experience, preferably at the international level.
- Enterprise-wide communications planning experience.
- Awareness of and proficiency with the latest communications technologies, including measurement tools and social media optimization software.
- Experience in stakeholder/community engagement.
- Experience in developing and maintaining relevant media contacts.
- An excellent ability to create and manage content (e.g. website content, e-newsletters, etc.).
- Knowledge of SEO tools.
- Clear and concise communication skills with team members and senior management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- A good eye for visual branding and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong network among communications and sector stakeholders.
Anticipated Start Date:
The full-time position location is flexible (BFA will consider any location for a strong candidate, but preference will be given to those in one of our established locations). Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Please click on APPLY below and complete the application process as directed, including attaching your cover letter, your CV, and salary expectations.
Only shortlisted candidates who provide the required information will be contacted for follow-up.
*BFA will not sponsor for work permits.
**BFA will not pay for relocation expenses.