BFA uses finance, data, and technology to craft innovative solutions that equip individuals, organizations, and communities create sustainable and inclusive economies. Together with our partners and clients, we seek to empower people to address their vulnerabilities and shape their own futures. We have deep expertise in advanced technology, data science, economic analysis, evidence-based policymaking, consumer research, human-centered design, and lean product development with demonstrated leadership in financial health and inclusion. We deliver innovative products and business models, policy and strategic advisory services, and cutting edge research. We work with governments, financial authorities, private-sector providers, donors, development agencies and other key stakeholders to foster digital and financial ecosystems that address today's most pressing development challenges, from digital divides, to financial exclusion, to fulfilling employment in the age of automation. Founded in 2006, BFA has offices in Boston, Medellín, Nairobi, New Delhi, and New York. For more information, please visit: www.bfaglobal.com.
The Knowledge Management & Influence team (KM&I) is tasked with promoting BFA Global’s brand and growing the firm’s influence through the creative synthesis, production and marketing of BFA Global’s work. BFA Global seeks to influence clients, partners and other stakeholders disseminating project insights and tools to further the spread and adoption by other players.
We are looking for a passionate, detail-oriented, and collaborative graphic designer to join our KM&I team. An ideal candidate brings a blend of graphic design, editing, and web content production. The candidate will also have a sharp eye for visual and information layout to create compelling designs and content. As part of the BFA Global KM&I team, you will report to the Communications Manager and liaise with the Project teams to carry out your responsibilities in these four main areas. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Designing reports, presentations, proposals as well as graphics for blogs, websites, events and marketing collateral such as pitch decks, two-pagers, banners, flyers, and infographics.
- Design and update features of BFA Global templates and applying these templates to official documents, reports, proposals and presentations.
- Ensuring consistency and quality and ensuring adherence to design guidelines in all public-facing content such as: business cards, letterhead, email signatures, and, our marketing channels such as social media, the website, and blogs.
- Managing and building out our images and digital assets such as corporate headshots, icon library, photo galleries, and stock images.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Conceptualizes, plans, and designs a wide range of illustrative material.
- Use digital illustration, photo-editing software, and layout software to create designs that show and highlight the impact of the work.
- Create visual elements such as logos, original images, and illustrations that help deliver a desired message.
- Design layouts and select colors and images in accordance with BFA’s style or project guidelines.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, and prototypes to communicate design ideas.
Brand identity & template management:
- Own, update, and manage all templates used in the content production process.
- Aid BFA Global team members with the application and design of templates.
- Ensure all supporting documentation remains relevant and up-to-date in line with new versions.
- Streamline identity and visualize content for the BFA Global website’s look and feel.
Digital assets management:
- Maintain, update, and catalog BFA Global photos, videos and other types of media.
- Content building for photos, videos, infographics, visualizations, animation, and cartoons.
Production and quality management:
- Manage and facilitate the completion of all tasks related to the production of designed deliverables.
- Understand and operate within the established BFA Global quality standards ensuring that content is professional, consistent, and error-free. Review designs for errors before printing or publishing.
- Coordinates subcontractors for design and printing services as appropriate.
Qualifications & Requirements
The following are requirements that must be fulfilled:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, art & design, or a related field with technical training in graphic design.
- Two to three years of relevant work experience.
- Highly skilled in Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign), templates design, management for Microsoft Office and Google Suite as well as video editing and use of video editing software.
- Skilled at creating and managing content on web-based content management systems, particularly WordPress and Squarespace (highly preferred).
- Strong proofreading and copyediting skills.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner while balancing several assignments with inputs from multiple team members.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and deadlines.
Any of the following will be considered a plus:
- Additional training in marketing and communications.
- Specific background in financial inclusion and financial services innovation for low-income populations, economic development, or social business sector.
Anticipated Start Date: October 2019
This is a full-time position to be located in one of our regional offices. BFA does not cover relocation costs for this position. The full-time position can be based in any one of BFA’s core offices. Nairobi, New Delhi, Brooklyn, New York or Washington, DC are preferred.
How to Apply
Please click on APPLY below and complete the application process as directed, including attaching your cover letter, your CV, and salary expectations.
Only shortlisted candidates who provide the required information will be contacted for follow-up.
*BFA will not sponsor for work permits.
**BFA will not pay for relocation expenses.