About BFA and Catalyst Fund (BFA’s flagship tech accelerator)
Through its work, BFA is contributing to empowering people to be the agents of their future, building inclusive and competitive economies for a sustainable and equitable world. Together with partners and clients, we craft efficient solutions that enable individuals, organizations, and communities to thrive. BFA drives proactive responses to some of the world’s most pressing challenges including effective and sustainable development, poverty reduction, achieving fulfilling employment in the age of automation, bridging digital divides, developing participatory and evidence-informed governance, and mitigating the migratory and climate crises. BFA works at the frontiers of applied research and innovation using finance, data, and technology. In addition to our own knowledge, skills, and experience we harness data science, economic analyses, financial tools, artificial intelligence, human-centered design, and lean product development.
Catalyst Fund is BFA’s flagship tech accelerator. Founded in 2016 with the support of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and JPMorgan Chase & Co, Catalyst Fund supports early-stage inclusive fintech startups focused on creating solutions for underserved customers in emerging markets. The program has two mandates: accelerating pre-investable startups reaching underserved individuals and sharing knowledge with the ecosystem to spur more innovation for financial inclusion. To date, Catalyst Fund has supported 25 promising, inclusive fintech companies by resolving their specific capital, talent, and skills challenges so they can deliver accessible, affordable, and appropriate (AAA) solutions more efficiently, more quickly, and with greater impact. Today, Catalyst Fund is starting its next phase of growth and aims to accelerate 30 more cutting-edge innovators over the next three years, while also expanding its ecosystem building role.
BFA is an exciting and rewarding place to work – offering a range of opportunities to work around the globe with partners focused on making a difference in the lives of the poor. The BFA and Catalyst Fund team is a fun, curious, collaborative, and risk-taking team, constantly seeking to improve our work to better support startups and innovation ecosystems around the world. We are a global team of highly-skilled, socially motivated hustlers working together to achieve the best value possible for our clients and partners, and ultimately improving the conditions of global poverty. We foster an entrepreneurial environment where we can learn, act autonomously, help each other and grow, while also having fun! To learn more, visit www.bfaglobal.com.
About the Position
Are you a super-organized, operationally inclined, and energetic go-getter? Do you seek to play a role in a company that has an impact on creating a more sustainable and equitable world? Do you have the multi-tasking skills to perform different channels of administrative functions within a very complex multi-year global project?
Reporting to the Finance & Administration team at BFA, the Program Administrator will help support the Catalyst Fund Program Director and the Program Manager to ensure optimal day to day administrative functions of the Catalyst Fund are successful. Additionally, the Program Administrator will liaise with BFA’s external partners as necessary for compliance and cohesive project management.
Program Administrator Responsibilities:
- Support the Program Manager in handling Catalyst Fund’s operational needs internally, such as managing internal consulting resources, invoicing the client, preparing contracts for sub-contractors, etc.
- Prepare financial reports and donor reports, which includes tracking the budget vs. actuals, preparing financial forecasts, ensuring all expenses are filed timely and tracking expenses.
- Manage and update program management tools, including updating the program’s CRM and partner database, and tracking administrative tasks in Asana
- Play a coordination role to support the Catalyst Fund team in various programmatic tasks, particularly related to event planning, travel booking, and coordination with the startups on reimbursements, and other needs.
- Coordination support for Catalyst Fund’s network groups (investors, accelerators, banks) and of partnerships
- Support onboarding of startups, sharing information and documentation necessary for startups to successfully join the program
- Coordinate activities for startups global and regional meet-ups
- Support the admin requirements of all program activities at a central level and coordinate with country managers to support their needs.
- Maintain folders in Google Drive and ensure the clean and orderly filing of all team documents
- Interface with BFA’s Finance&Admin team for internal administrative matters.
Program Administrator Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Business, Economics, or a related field.
- 3+ years of project management experience, preferably multi-national, multi-stakeholder projects.
- Awareness of and proficiency with the project management life cycle; strong project management skills.
- Experience using project management and client relationship management software.
- Comfort with Microsoft Office and GSuite.
- An excellent ability to plan and master time management.
- Clear, concise, and polished communication skills; experience working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Bilingual not required but is an advantage, with French or Spanish most preferred.
- An eye for organization and excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent punctuality and professionalism.
Anticipated Start Date: September 2019
The full-time position can be based in any one of BFA’s core offices in Boston, MA, USA, New York, USA, or Nairobi, Kenya. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Please click on APPLY below and complete the application process as directed, including attaching your cover letter, your CV, and salary expectations.
Only shortlisted candidates who provide the required information will be contacted for follow-up.
*BFA will not sponsor for work permits.
**BFA will not pay for relocation expenses.
At BFA, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military, and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
BFA believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool and to best carry out the inclusion work we undertake.