UNCTAD eCommerce Week
UNCTAD’s eCommerce Week is the leading forum for Ministers, senior government officials, CEOs and other business representatives, international organizations, development banks, academics and civil society to discuss the development opportunities and challenges associated with the digital economy.
Under the theme “From Digitalization to Development”, this year’s edition of the eCommerce Week will, in particular, emphasize the need to break down silos -among institutions, government and policy areas- for an effective contribution of e-commerce towards sustainable development. Sessions will also delve into the need to strengthen current support at all levels.
David Porteous, Founder and Chair of BFA will join the High-Level Dialogue including:
- Imogen Foulkes, Correspondant, BBc
- Mukhisa Kituyi, Secretary-General, UNCTAD
- Amani Abou-Zeid, Commissioner for Infrastructure and Energy, African Union Commission (tbc)
- Rebecca Enonchong, CEO, AppsTech
- Malavika Jayaram, Executive Director, Digital Asia Hib
- Boutheina Guermazi, Director Digital Development Global Practice, World Bank
To address some of the most pressing challenges related to impact of digital transformation to ensure developing countries are not left behind. What can be done to promote local value creation and ensure local value capture? How should governments and the private sector respond in this context? Learn more about the event.