Catalyst Fund is forging partnerships with universities and talent networks in Kenya, South Africa, India, Nigeria, and Mexico to build a pipeline of students and recent graduates who are passionate about building financial solutions for underserved communities in emerging markets.
Leveraging these partnerships, the Catalyst Fund internship program will:
- Fill gaps in design, product management, technology, and data skills at Catalyst Fund portfolio companies
- Prove the viability of careers within the fintech sector for students and young professionals in emerging markets
The Catalyst Fund Fintech Internship Program is managed by the Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance at the Judge Business School.
What interns receive
Hands-on experience working alongside innovative fintech companies driving financial inclusion in emerging markets
Exposure to fast-growing fintech markets and the broader fintech ecosystem
Opportunity to learn from a global network of peers who are passionate about financial technology for the underserved
Onboarding from world class institutions with deep sector expertise
Hear from former interns
I had the opportunity to be both analytical and creative at the same time: analytical by performing data analytics using SQL and Amplitude; creative by conceptualizing new product ideas and features. I also had the opportunity to work cross-functionally with business teams, engineering, and design.
About the opportunities
We are seeking individuals who are passionate about fintech innovation, who can utilize their knowledge, experience, and skills to help create solutions for underserved communities and who can help accelerate local innovation ecosystems.
The program aims to place local students at Catalyst Fund portfolio startups to fill critical talent gaps for 3 – 6 months. The internship program is seeking students wishing to pursue their career in fintech, and specifically, in the areas of:
- Product management: identify opportunities to create new technology, tools, and interfaces that can improve overall product performance and usability. Conduct user interface and user experience research.
- Marketing: define messaging and branding for a fintech company. Create SEO-optimized content. Conduct market and user research. Develop and execute a social media strategy.
- Design: enhance existing branding and create collateral that will resonate with the target audience. Create and design online marketing materials. Design offline content.
- Strategy & business analysis: define geographic expansion strategies. Analyze market trends and business implications. Create financial models to evaluate key business decisions.
- Data analysis: analyze user behavior to optimize the product offering. Perform quick data analysis using data visualization tools. Develop and optimize databases and dashboards.
- Software development: refine existing and develop new tech solutions. Automate infrastructure and build tech solutions for growth.
Interns will receive a fixed monthly stipend. The program does not sponsor a work visa.
Internship opportunities available
- Analytics intern, Meerkat, Cape Town (open through June 17)
- Marketing intern, Meerkat, Cape Town (open through June 17)
- Strategy intern, Meerkat, Cape Town (open through June 17)
- Backend Developer, Cowrywise, Lagos (closed)
- Digital Marketer, Cowrywise, Lagos (closed)
- Business Developer ASEAN, Kwara, Nairobi (closed)
- Business Developer Latin America, Kwara, Nairobi (closed)
- Data Analyst, Kwara, Nairobi (closed)
- Graphic Designer, Kwara, Nairobi (closed)
- Digital Marketer, Kwara, Nairobi (closed)
- Curriculum Design Intern, PesaKit, Nairobi (closed)
- Data Analyst, PesaKit, Nairobi (closed)
- Measurement, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Intern, PesaKit, Nairobi (closed)
- Public Relations Intern, PesaKit, Nairobi (closed)
If you lead a talent network or university partnerships and would like your students to have access to fully funded internships at the most innovative fintech startups, reach out to us email@example.com.
Please keep a tab on this page as more positions open up. Subscribe to our mailing list for updates.