Gender Project Lead, BFA Global
BFA Global is an impact innovation firm that combines research, advisory, venture building, and investment expertise to build a more inclusive, equitable, and resilient future for underserved people and the planet. We partner with leading public, private and philanthropic organizations, global and local, to catalyze innovation ecosystems for impact across emerging markets.
Jobtech Alliance – The Jobtech Alliance is an ecosystem-building initiative around inclusive jobtech in Africa that launched in late 2021. We’re interested in digital platforms that connect people to work opportunities that build livelihoods – gig-matching platforms, job-matching, e-commerce marketplaces, and more. The Jobtech Alliance helps jobtech platforms to grow and create more jobs. We do this through two workstreams: Firstly, we seek to create an enabling environment which provides the conditions for entrepreneurs to build platforms which deliver quality livelihoods; this means building the knowledge base of the sector through research, community-building, and spotlighting of the sector. We also seek to grow funding for the space by curating a circle of investors, guiding conversations on sector financing, and working on policy and infrastructure critical for the sector. Secondly, we deliver a range of acceleration activities with jobtech platforms, which enable entrepreneurs to build greater scale, impact, and inclusivity in their solutions.
About the Gender Project Lead Role
If you are a highly motivated, results-oriented individual with a passion for making a positive impact in emerging markets, especially for women, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity to join the BFA Global team as a Project Lead.
What You’ll Do
As a Gender Project Lead, you will oversee projects promoting women’s empowerment. You will work closely with various stakeholders, including platforms, nonprofit organisations, community groups, financial services providers, and corporate partners, to implement initiatives and strategies that address gender disparities and foster inclusive economies. Your role will involve project planning, coordination, and monitoring to ensure successful project delivery and achieving desired outcomes.
- Work with clients and partners to define project objectives, scope, timelines, and deliverables.
- Develop project plans and budgets, and track progress against these plans.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define project scope, deliverables, timelines, and resource requirements.
- Led cross-functional project teams, providing guidance, support, and direction throughout the project lifecycle.
- Assign tasks to project team members and provide guidance and support as needed.
- Monitor project progress, identify potential risks, and implement corrective measures to ensure successful completion.
- Coordinate and facilitate regular project meetings, workshops, and presentations to communicate updates, gather feedback, and maintain stakeholder engagement.
- Offer support in designing and implementing gender-responsive interventions and programs.
- Conduct capacity assessments and provide tailored technical assistance to enhance the gender mainstreaming capacity of project partners.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders involved in gender-related projects.
- Monitor project financials and ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Develop and implement monitoring and evaluation frameworks to assess project effectiveness and impact.
- Ensure compliance with project objectives, budgetary guidelines, and reporting requirements.
- Contribute to knowledge-sharing platforms and participate in relevant conferences, workshops, and professional networks.
Additional tasks will depend on project requirements determined by our client-driven work.
Qualifications & requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as business, economics, or engineering.
- At least five years of experience in project management, preferably in a consulting or gender-related role.
- Familiarity with gender mainstreaming approaches and strategies.
- Strong project management skills, including project planning, budgeting, and risk management.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with clients, partners, and team members.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Experience working in emerging markets is a plus.
Anticipated Start Date: August 2023
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Candidates must have local work permits. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Only shortlisted candidates who provide the required information will be contacted for follow-up.
At BFA, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military, and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
BFA believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success as a global company. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool and to carry out the best inclusion work we undertake.
*BFA will not sponsor work permits.
**BFA will not pay for relocation expenses.